I have now been on the feeding tube for over a month. We are still unsure how long I will need to be on it. I tried to be off on Saturday for a while and threw up as soon as I moved out of bed. It makes me afraid to be off for more than a few minutes. I am wondering if I will be sick for my whole pregnancy since I am now 17 weeks along. I have been eating some real food. My favorite thing to eat right now is grapes. I am kind of hit and miss with how well I feel overall. Sometimes I am ready to get out of the house and other times I just want to stay in bed. We have less than a week left before we get to find out what we are having!
I am very glad for $5 dollar co-pays on generic medicine. We found out that one of my liquid meds cost $1,700 a month without insurance. Apparently we should be selling the stuff on the streets! Although it might be hard to find people who want to buy anti-nausea medicine on the black market.
I need to give a special thanks to Kevin. He has been taking good care of me and has been very patient with me. Every morning he has to give me my meds with a big syringe though the tube and fill up my bags with food and water. He repeats the process every night but also has to switch out my bags and hook up new ones. He is always willing to get me things for me so I don't have to move around much, like the tissues that are 2 feet away from me. Thanks for everything Handsome!
2 comments:
Thanks for the update. I have been thinking about you. I hope that you get feeling better soon and you don't have to spend the next 23 weeks in bed. Take care!
I have been wondering about you! I hope things get easier for you! If you need a new bag of grapes.. You know who to call!
Post a Comment