Christy is home now, YAY!
She came home from the hospital this morning around 10:30. She still has a feeding tube through her nose. A nurse came in this afternoon and hooked her up to a food pump, and taught us how to use it. She will need to be on continuous feedings for at least a week, and maybe more. Her pancreatitis seems to be under control now, and all of her blood tests came back pretty normal. She is feeling quite a bit better, and even came downstairs and played games with our parents this evening. It is great to see her smiling and joking again.
It has now been a full 48 hours since she last vomited, which is the longest she has gone this entire pregnancy (since she first started feeling sick about 7 weeks ago). We are sure the decision to stick with the feeding tube was the best one we could have made. When she was off of it for a few hours earlier today she started feeling nauseated, but felt better again shortly after she got hooked back up. It is not the most comfortable thing in the world for her, but she is learning that it is her friend.
We are feeling extremely blessed right now that she has improved so much, and we thank all of you again for your prayers and support. Let's all hope she continues to do this well.
4 comments:
I am so glad she is doing so much better! YEA!!!!!!!! I am so excited!
You need to post a picture with you and your "nose thing". (It is kind of like a nose ring, only longer and full of liquid, right?) Quite a fashion statement too, I might add! xoxoxo Momma G
I just wanted to respond to your comment on my blog. Yes, we need to get together soon. I'll talk to Chad about it and have him talk with Kevin.
I know it's a little bit early, but time is flying. I told Chad to mention to Kevin that we should get together for a candy making party when Christmas gets closer. Mmmm. Carmels and penuche. My mouth is watering.
I'm waiting for a new update. You have lots of news to share!
Post a Comment