September 4, 2008

Weekend Getaway

For Labor Day weekend we got to spend a few nights at a cabin up by Strawberry. Thanks again to Ann for setting it up and thanks to her parents for sharing their cabin. My brother and his wife and kids, my parents, and Kevin and I all went together. We stopped at Swiss Days in Heber on the way up to look around.

We got to do a lot of 4 wheeling, candy necklace making and hanging with the grandkids. Kevin and I were debating about whether or not we really wanted kids. The kids were a lot of fun but boy, they are a lot of work. It rained really hard the last night at the cabin. There is nothing quite like the smell of rain in the mountains. It's always fun to have a little weekend get away, but it is also fun to come home too.

We came home to a worm infestation. Apparently they made a mad dash for the house when it started raining. I think we found about 8 dead and 8 alive. It make me think of the book "Diary of a Worm".


Paige had no clue her necklace was actually candy until I stuffed one of them in her mouth.



Ty was pretty good at threading the candy. He used all the green ones.






Here are a few pictures we took of the landscape. There are lots of really cool looking dead trees.

5 comments:

Ann said...

We had a great time. Thanks for coming!

EarlGirl said...

It looks like you had a fantastic time! I'll bet that felt really good.

Crystal said...

Hanging out with other people's kids is great birth control. Keep in mind though, that other people's kids are a thousand times more annoying than your own will be to you. Most of the time.

It"s me said...

I love the picture of the tree! It looks so cool!

Ivy Skinner said...

Beautiful photography!Do you set your own settings to get such great lighting and exposure? I'm struggling with my cannon, I usually just shoot on the green square (lazy style) and it's always over exposed a little. I need to relearn all the settings I guess.