September 9, 2008

Riddle Me This


Ok, I am trying to figure out how this happened. I work part time. I teach 4 hours a day. Sounds simple right? Today I taught 4 hours and was at school catching up on things until 2:30 Somehow I ended up doing recess duty because the teacher that was supposed to go out was no where to be found. Then I corrected papers, stapled, cut and glued until 9:30 at night. With a break for a trip to Wendy's, take out the trash and do a load of dishes. What ever happened to part time! I usually work at least 2-3 hours each day at home catching up on things. Remind me why I want to be a teacher!

From a stessed out teacher!

5 comments:

Mrs. J said...

You want to be a teacher because where else would a little boy constantly be putting his head between your legs. Um okay I just realized how that sounded. Okay you want to be a teacher because where else would you pack around a chair full of pee, or be called Mr. Am I getting warmer? Maybe it's because of the fantastic people who are "NOT IDIOTS!" I'm sure I have helped tremendously.

EarlGirl said...

Think about this: when you start work in the fall, millions of moms are singing your praise and wanting to kiss your feet!

Amy said...

because you love children, not always on the surface but deep down! You are wonderful at what you do! (not just anyone can be a teacher) & yes, we are singing your praise and wanting to kiss your feet.

Amy said...

I can help cut & do things for class. Just let me know how I can help.

It"s me said...

That is why I just teach full time. I would be there just as much if I did half time. So why not get paid for full time. Teaching is such a busy job!