September 1, 2010

Eatin' Rice Cereal

This is Benson's first taste of solid foods! After his 4 month check up we found out that he is really underweight for his age. On the percentile charts he is less than 1%. He weighed 10 lb 14 oz. The doctor told us to start him on solids foods to help get his weight up.

His first attempt he did pretty good. Then he decided he didn't like it and threw a tantrum every time we tried it. We tried all the tricks in the book too, thick, thin, from a bottle, warm, cold, mixed with juice. He just wasn't having any of it. He didn't like sweet potatoes much better.

We talked with the dr and decided to wait a few weeks and try again. We were going to supplement with formula in the meantime. That didn't go so well either. He kept throwing up a whole bottle worth each time. He threw up on mom, dad, and grandma all in one day. So he is back to drinking skim milk for a while (apparently I only make skim milk). Wish us luck for attempt number 2.








Photobucket

3 comments:

Crystal said...

He sure is a cute little guy!
As for me, I make cream. By the time Ben was three weeks old he weighed 11 lbs 11 oz. He was 8 lbs 4 oz when he was born. Over three pounds in three weeks! I was glad he was healthy, but I didn't have a little baby for long at all. I couldn't ever carry him in one of those front packs because he got big way too fast and I didn't have time to build up strength.

Amy said...

Maybe try a different kind of cereal. Izzy wouldn't eat rice but she liked the oatmeal, Lindsey didn't like rice either but she liked the Multigrain. Zac on the other had LOVED rice cereal.

It"s me said...

Good luck!!!