
Benson Dean Rees was born at 5:38 PM today (April 14, 2010). He weighs 7 lbs. 4 oz., and is 19.5 in. long.

We came in this morning to have Christy induced, but it turns out she was already starting to go into labor on her own. He was coming today regardless. They eventually gave her the drugs to speed things up a little bit. Once they told her to start pushing it was less than an hour until he came out.

They were a little worried at first that he had pooped while still in the womb, which can cause problems if he inhales it when he first comes out, but they decided that he was fine, and all his vitals checked out. He did start screaming as soon as he came out.

Overall mom and baby are doing fine. We are really excited to have him here finally, and that he is healthy and strong. We will keep you updated, and post more pictures later.
12 comments:
Yay! Congratulations! It's all worth it now, right? ;) I love the name & he is gorgeous!
I'm so excited for you both. He's such a cute little guy. Congratulations!
He is such a cute little boy! Congratulations!
Congratulations! We are so excited for you and it has been a very long challenge for Christy. One of our kids "pooped in the pool", as the nurse put it, and it turned out to be okay as well. So glad that things went well and can't wait to meet him.
Congratulations!!! Benson is darling. Enjoy every minute, they grow up way too fast.
Christy and Kevin, Hurray!!!!! He is perfect and adorable. I'm so glad he's finally here. I think he looks like a Benson :D
Congrats! So glad he's here safe and sound. The name Benson is so cute!
I am so excited for you, Rees'! He is adorable. After a long, hard pregnancy, you have the perfect baby that you EARNED! I love his name, too! Can't wait to meet him. Good work!
Congratulations Kevin & Christy! What a good looking guy. I love his name.
Congratulations! Good luck with the next couple of weeks. I am excited for you.
Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you both. I love Benson's name. I cannot wait to meet him. He is adorable. Give him kisses for me!!!!
We love you!!!
Benson is so cute! Congratulations, Christy and Kevin. I'm relieved he is here safely. Bette
Post a Comment