October 19, 2008

Fall Harvest 2008

We finally harvested the last few things from our garden before the frost came. We ended up with:

27 lbs. of tomatillos
9 lbs. of bell peppers (red, yellow, and green)
5 lbs. of misc. hot peppers
A whole bag full of green onions
12 lbs of tomatoes.

Kevin spent a good portion of his weekend making tomatillo salsa. I think we ended up with at least 18 pints of salsa. Hopefully it still tastes good after being frozen. We have also been drying the green onions. I think our house will forever smell like onions.

Our pumpkin harvest wasn't as good this year. We only got 3 big orange ones and about a dozen little ones. I haven't grown attached enough to name any of them yet.



My new favorite photo effect is the aged photo preset in Adobe Lightroom.


3 comments:

Crystal said...

Mmmm, tomatillo salsa, I want some!

Michelle Stott said...

Awesome! Sorry you didn't get to many pumpkins but you got lots of other good stuff. Do you like the Salsa? If not Kevin is going to have a lot to eat. Maybe one of these days you will have to teach me how to plant a garden.

It"s me said...

They are still super cute!