For those of you who don't know, we have 4 raised garden beds that we built last year. Each of them is about 4x10 feet. This year I got one of them entirely to myself to plant my own stuff. I planted a variety of peppers, and a few tomatillo plants, basically a salsa garden. I decided to go out this morning and harvest some of my peppers, and this is what I ended up with:

The ones on the left are Serrano peppers, the middle ones are Thai Dragon chillies, the ones on the right are Hungarian Yellow Wax peppers, and the one on the bottom is a Sweet Banana pepper.
Supposedly the Thai Dragon ones are supposed to be "very hot" (according to the tag), and I was expecting them to be similar to the other Thai Chillies I have had at Thai restaurants. I was a little disappointed. Though they are are definitely hot according to most people's standards, some of you know that my heat scale is different than most.
Anyway, hot or not, I mainly grew the Thai Chillies to be dried and ground up into flakes and powder to use over the next year. I have them in the dehydrator right now, and there is probably enough heat in the base of them, and the seeds, that they will work fine for their intended purpose. I also have at least that many more of them growing on the plants in my garden, so I think they did pretty well.
3 comments:
Nice Peppers Handsome.
I wish I could grow things!
I can feel the BURN!
Post a Comment