July 23, 2008

One Hairy Dog

I decided the other day that Foxy needed to be brushed. So against her will I sat her down and started brushing her. I figured it would be a pretty quick job, but the more I brushed the more hair I seemed to get out. Finally Foxy got fed up with it, and I decided to let her go. I gathered up all of the hair, and this is what I ended up with:


Almost a week later she was still shedding quite a bit, with some of it coming out in clumps, so I decided to brush her again. I figured I would get a little more out, but I wasn't expecting much. This is what I got:


Yes that really is a NEW clump of hair. I guess I probably ought to brush her more often. She definitely looks more clean and shiny now (and thinner too).

FYI, that is not her main coat of fur that is coming out. She has a really fine hair undercoat that CONSTANTLY sheds, so I was just helping that along.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Do you think we can donate it to a dog who doesn't have any hair? Or make a pillow out of it?

It"s me said...

And I thought that my bunny shed a lot. She sheds but I guess since she isn't as big she doesn't shed as much.

dishes and laundry said...

Whoa. That's a lot of hair!! Is she shedding more because of the heat?

Christy said...

I think it's partly the heat, but I also just think she is so hairy!