March 17, 2008

Spring is in the Air


We decided to try starting some seeds this year for our garden. We have cucumbers, radishes, onions, herbs, and peas. This is our first try at this, I hope a few will actually grow. We bought a mini greenhouse from Lowe's and made our own homemade one too. We will still buy seedlings for our tomatoes and pumpkins. You can't have a garden without pumpkins. This will be the second year in our new garden beds. I am so excited for spring! If you want to know more about seeds or gardening in general, check out Backyard Farming . They inspired me to try growing my own seeds.






2 comments:

dishes and laundry said...

How exciting!!! I'm wanting Troy to convert our old sandbox into a raised bed garden - our soil is depleted and yucky - and then I can plant a garden. Trying not to nag at him and just hoping for the best. Good luck!!

Unknown said...

That is awesome Christy, it feels good to start your own seeds doesn't it?