September 4, 2013

August Recap

A Day at the Park
Practicing on the balance beam and the fire man pole.




More Things to Blow Up
Disposable rockets printed on Kevin's 3D printer. Here is a link to the file on Thingiverse. There are some links to his videos of them as well.



Harvesting the Gardens. 
We got a great harvest of strawberries this year. 





First Dentist Trip
Benson was the bravest soul on earth and sat still and got his teeth cleaned and flossed on his very first trip. We hear that's pretty unusual for a three year old. No cavities!





We have had a lot of windy stormy days in Herriman this summer. This storm took out our shed and moved it around the corner of the house. Luckily we were able to repair it. (and fill it with bricks).






Kevin's Birthday was pretty low key this year.  We celebrated with the Parents and Jana at  Red Lobster on Saturday and had family over for a Kevin's favorite thing party on Sunday.
No one took much interest in the seaweed.




We have had a few scares with baby brother. We went to a specialist and did some monitoring at the Doctors office. I will post details at a later time.





 Spending time with Grandpa Phil. Benson is trying to teach him how to play Temple Run on the iPad. We feel very lucky to have Grandpa Phil with us still. We have had quite a few scares over the past little while. He is an awesome Great Grandpa.





Benson is always coming up with the most unexpected saying and ideas. This is his version of Jimmy Johns sandwich shop. I am sad I never got a picture of Dawson's LEGO birthday party.





Kevin and I celebrated our 10 anniversary this year. Circumstances didn't allow us to do anything big so we did the dinner and a movie and bought ourselves a new fridge. My favorite feature is the ice and water dispenser. I use the outside of the fridge more than the inside.




Spent some time helping my dad move his old furnace up from the basement. This is his go to method for bringing heavy stuff up. Boards on the stairs and a winch at the top. Remember the black wood burning stove?





Benson's new favorite treat "spicy rings" We had to go to 3 different markets to find them. Ben is starting to take after his dad in the spicy food department. (Not to mention the seafood...traitor.)




 We celebrated with Melanie as she started her first day of 21st Grade.





Benson got to meet his Great Grandpa Hodge for the first time. They live in Vernal and we don't see them very often. He warmed right up to them. Especially his wife Helen. 





After a swim at Grandma Grayce's ward swim party. He is getting braver at standing in the deep water but still hates to get his face wet. (His mom feels the same way)



Visiting Temple Square for the first time.

 



Testing out our new phone cameras. Kevin and I both got Samsung phones and switched over to T Mobile. I hope this one does better with pictures than my old one. I am also trying out Instragram. 



We hope you have enjoyed a look at our busy month of August. It's hard to believe it's September already and Baby Brother is due in a month!

1 comment:

Grayce said...

What a busy August you had! I'm so glad I got to share several of the events and that you captured the activities in pictures. I especially loved the Great Grandpa pictures. :-)