May 4, 2012

Skunk Wrangling 101

Kevin went outside to water the gardens this morning and came across an unwelcome visitor. Luckily he saw it before the dogs got too close. They of course went crazy. You can hear them in the video scratching at the door.

After calling animal control they said they could come out but if he was gone we were tough out of luck. Kevin decided to do a little skunk wrangling and coaxed it into the doggy condo using a 10 ft PVC pipe and the hose. It took him about 5 minutes to finally get him in. He had barricade himself between two rocks.  I added some video of the wrangling below. It's not the most exciting video you have ever seen but it stars one brave soul.I of course filmed all of this from the safety of the house.

I feel sorry for the poor guy. We did after all cause his demise. But the neighborhood can all rest peacefully now. Until the next one comes along...








2 comments:

Kristin @ TheVocalSokol.com said...

Okay...Three cheers for Kevin the neighborhood HERO! I may have to feature this post on my blog. It's too good not to share! Let me know when Animal Control comes along.

It"s me said...

THAT IS CRAZY!