If you have ever read this book you will understand where I am going with this post. If not...you should still get the gist of it.
Unfortunately and for some strange reason we are having a flood epidemic at our house. And they each seem to get progressively worse. The first time was a mishap with the water softener missing the drain on it's discharge cycle. Not to bad, nothing major damaged. Fortunately is was confined to the hallway and the furnace room.
Unfortunately we then had a problem with a busted sprinkler pipe that flooded the main room of the basement. Fortunately we don't have carpet in there. A bunch of picture frames got really wet. But it could have been worse.
Then we come to flood number three. Unfortunately this flood covered about 70% of the basement with an inch of water. We vacuumed up countless gallons of water. Fortunately one bedroom and the future play room with all of my school stuff in it where relatively unharmed. Unfortunately the sewing room got the worst of it and the carpet is toast. The culprit? A sprinkler that was left on all night long and filled up the window well which then leaked into the house. Fortunately we caught it before we left town for 5 days. Although it did put a damper in our first day of vacation. Fortunately my mom was willing to baby sit all day even though she was supposed to be chilling up at the condo in Midway.
Unfortunately these pictures are not very good because they came off of a cell phone. I am praying really hard that there will not be a flood number four! I have seen a lot of rainbows lately...
![]() |
| The Sewing Room Carpet |
![]() |
| Kevin rigged a water removal system with a waterfall pump and some pvc pipe. |
![]() |
| And as usual Benson wanted to help out. |




3 comments:
Not fun! Unfortunately we are all to familiar with floods. Fortunately we haven't had a major one at our current home.
I have been hearing about a lot of people having floods lately. One of my friends and I were talking about it and she said she asked her husband if his family ever had a flood while he was growing up. He told her that they only had one and it was because of him. He wanted an aquarium so he filled up his bedroom window well with water. Fortunately right now we do not have any window wells at our house. Unfortunately we will be getting one when we cut a bigger window into the boys room in the basement. Hopefully they do not think of the aquarium idea.
I love the water removal system. Did Kevin just have a waterfall pump laying around? When my aunts' house flooded one of our friends brought over a waterfall pump he had laying around, so useful!!
Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry. Glad you are taking it all so well!
I can't believe it flooded again. You poor kids! I am super sorry! Praying as well that there is no number four!!! Good luck!
Post a Comment