August 7, 2010

So...What Did You Do For Fun This Weekend?



Move a 300 pound stove up from the basement.



My dad and Kevin spent the afternoon hauling an old wood burning stove up from my parents basement. It was quite the feat. Especially since there were only two of them. If finally made it upstairs after 25 years in the basement. It has only had about 5 fires built in it. I don't remember ever using it. The poor stove has been replaced by a gas fireplace. Anyone want to buy a wood burning stove? Only a dollar a pound.



















Photobucket

5 comments:

Mrs. J said...

That looks like quite the operation. Good thing Kevin is an engineer! My parents had a wood stove exactly like that in their house. It was moved into the shed and replaced with a gas fireplace too. :)

Unknown said...

I'm seriously interested in buying it. How much? You can email me personally.

~marisa

Corey Richardson said...

I figured that Kevin could have hauled it up over his shoulder.

It"s me said...

Wow... I bet that was a ton of fun! I am sure I could lift that no problem...What's with all the gear?

Mac G said...

That's a lot of work. It is good that you had Kevin there, most of us would have just lugged it up the stairs and broke several things in the process.