July 15, 2010

Outing

Benson went on his first outing with his cousins today. My mom and I met Ann and her 3 kids at the Tracy Aviary this morning to see all of the different birds. The highlight was watching them feed a newborn mouse to the baby magpie. Only a little gross.


Ty and Paige checking out an exhibit.



Grandma and Brock (who was afraid of the birds)




This what Benson thought of the Aviary.



After the Aviary we decided to hit the Sweet's Candy factory and take a tour. It's located just off of Bangerter and California Ave. We got to sample some of the candy and watch them package and make taffy. Apparently they start production on holiday candy 5 months in advance. They also have a store where you can purchase tasty treats. Usually at a great price. On the tour even Benson had to wear a hair net. Here he is sporting his "Candy Maker Hat".







Photobucket

3 comments:

Ann said...

It was a lot of fun! Thanks for coming with me.

Grayce said...

Okay, I'll admit it...I like the cute newsboy hat better than the shower hat!

It"s me said...

What fun! I love the old lady shower cap.....at least that is what it reminds me of ;)