
In case you can't tell, Christy is missing something. Something that has provided her life support for the past couple of months. Over the past few weeks she has been working on getting to the point where she is no longer dependent on her feeding tube. She started out by disconnecting it for part of each day, and worked her way up to the point where she was only using it at night. Then we started to decrease the amount of food she was getting from it.
We went in to the doctor the other day, and he offered to take it out right then and there. After discussing it for a while we decided to leave it in for a couple more days, but not have her use it at all, and then we would "yank" it when we decided she was ready. He said we could come back in and have him do it whenever we wanted. I of course (figuring it couldn't really be that hard to do) asked if it needed to be him, or if we could do it. He said we could.
So tonight we decided she was ready, and we "yanked" it (literally). I went slow at first to make sure it was mostly dislodged, and then pulled it out fairly quickly (at the doctor's suggestion). Christy gagged slightly, but kept herself from giving up anything but the tube. She even claimed afterward that it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be.

There is the tube. You can probably imagine that she is glad to have that thing out of her. I don't blame her. Hopefully she never has to go through that again.
5 comments:
Yeah, I can pick my nose again:)
I'm so happy you are going tubeless (as opposed to being totally tubular like you've been for months)! Congratulations!!!!! MOMMA G
CELEBRATE!!!! This is such good news!
yea its gone!!!!!!!!!
That is awesome. I hope it works out and that you can enjoy the holidays including your birthday.
Post a Comment